EnviroCities 2010 International Conference
Entitled "Green Cities"
18-19 November 2010
Dubai – United Arab Emirates
The Environmental Centre for Arab Towns is pleased to announce the second International conference, EnviroCities 2010, under the title, "Green Cities." on 28-29 November 2010.
With two-thirds of the humanity expected to live in cities by 2050, the future of our lives and the generations to come is dependent upon our care and concern for our cities. Today's cities witness a residential and industrial boom that lead to increased emissions of air pollutants, augmented production of waste, lack of vegetation, the loss of biodiversity and other negative effects that threaten life on Earth. It is therefore indispensable for all who are associated with cities of the future, to have a fine understanding of the green city concepts, standards and tools to achieve and maintain a safe, healthy and sustainable city environment.
“Green Cities” is a modern global concept, drawn out from various sustainable engineering and environmental ideas and practices like the Green Buildings, Sustainable Transport, A forestation, Renewable Energy and Green Economy.
Green Buildings provide a safe and healthy environment, in addition to comfort and economic benefits.
Sustainable Transport aims at low footprint means of transport, enhanced mass transport networks that reduce air pollution and thereby adverse impacts from global warming.
A forestation and permanent attention to greenery reduce the rate of environmental pollution. A forestation and the establishment of the parks have also become the features that reflect the civilization of nations and progress of people.
Renewable Energy is an opportunity for a better life because it is energy derived from natural resources, which is renewable and cannot be depleted or exhausted and is also clean and cheap.
Green Economy includes sustainable economic policies and activities that prevent resource depletion, and environmental degradation, create green jobs and ensure real sustainable economic growth aimed to become green prosperous cities.
The key objectives of the conference include:-
1. Promote development of the Green Cities Concept in the Arab region
2. Understand policies, management strategies and tools for green cities
3. Review opportunities and challenges in the transformation to green cities
4. Share technical information on green city development and implementation
5. Highlight best practices, trends and success stories
6. Encourage dialogue between decision makers, city authorities, planners, engineers, architects, developers and individuals from diverse disciplines
7. Enhance awareness on application of latest global green technologies
8. Get all stakeholders including community positively involved
9. Facilitate local, national and regional networks for future associations
10. Develop plans of action.
11. Expert academicians, researchers, policy makers, engineers, architects etc. from around the world will be participating in the event to share their knowledge and practical experiences on the opportunities and challenges of green cities.
• Green City Goals, Policies, Indicators, Green City Branding
• Green City Management of Land, Energy, Water & Wastes
• Zero Carbon Cities
• Green Building Codes
• Cool Green Cities - Urban Heat Islands, impacts and solutions
• Success Stories from Built Environment
• Green Transport
• Green Hotel
• Green Lifestyles
• Green Economy
Who Will Attend this Event?
• Ministers and senior government officials
• Representatives from governments, corporations and the private sector
• Non-governmental organizations
• Regional organizations concerned with sustainable Green issues
• Experts and researchers
• Building professionals and Architects
• Landscaping professionals & Architects and green technology service providers
• Building Material Suppliers & Professionals
• Green Technology
• Real Estate
• Public Transportation
• Tourism and Hospitality
• Media and News Agencies